‘The way to the top is rough, the smoother, the easier it is to fall’
When the road is rough, you have all these high and low places that make the journey very difficult but you also have stony places you can easily hold on to when you miss a step. But if it’s smooth, then it becomes too slippery and you can easily slip and fall.
When you finally succeed to reach the top after passing through the rough road, each time you’re about falling, you’ll adjust yourself because you know how hard it was for you to get there.
- I know… it’s true, stones can be like stumbling blocks to defeat but they can also be like stepping stones to your victory.
- The same stones that help you to climb can also make you fall.
- The things that break you are the same things that can build you.
- What doesn’t kill you can only make you stronger.
- Most at times the challenges you may be facing are simply signs of your breakthrough.
- There’s this scripture I always remember when I’m challenged and it has a way of boosting my morals. ‘the devil has come to steal, kill and destroy but I have come that you may have life and life in fullness ‘John 10:10
- Personally, I believe there’s a solution to every problem and a problem identified is a problem half solved. What I’m trying to say is if you can know the devil’s plans and schemes then start rejoicing, I’m serious, rejoice because your solution is definitely around the corner. Of course there might be some few more things you need to do but the work will never be compared to if you hadn’t known the source of your problem. That can be so frustrating, imagine things are happening to you but you don’t seem to understand why – It’s like wondering in the desert without knowing which way to go. You just know that you deserve better, you deserve not to be where you are now and so on. Well, trust me you do deserve better, you deserve more than enough that’s why Jesus came, that we may have life in abundance.
The stepping stones signify
- your support system, those that help you and prevent you from making mistakes and if you do make them, they hold your hand so you won’t fall
- The challenges you face. It can’t be over stated that when a road is rough it becomes difficult to get through easily and sometimes you feel like giving up, you’re looking at where you are now and the long distance you still have ahead of you. You have endured for so long now but it doesn’t seem like you’re making any progress. You’ve been keeping on and now you just want to give up and it’s just easy to choose the easier path – the smooth path. But I wish to tell you to keep on keeping on just a little longer and you’ll be amazed by the results you’ll produce and how overwhelmed you’ll be. It is such experiences and challenges that will strengthen, motivate and encourage you to stand firm.
But the one who gets to the top through the smooth path will have nothing to hold on to if he falls – no motivation, no encouragement, just nothing because he had it all so easily. The easier you get something, the easier you can lose it. What goes up easily will come down easily too, sometimes even faster than the way it went up
Habakkuk 3:19 says
‘’ the Lord is my strength (my source of courage my invincible army) He has made my feet like hind’s feet and makes me walk (forward with spiritual confidence) on my high places ( of challenge and responsibility)’’
- a hind is an animal that can climb mountains swiftly and the way to develop hind’s feet is to walk and not stand still, even in terror and make progress even in time of trouble, suffering or responsibility
- It’s easier to quit but it takes faith to go through
- 2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
Martin Luther King Jr said
‘we must keep moving we must keep going, if you can’t fly, run, if you can’t run, walk, if you can’t walk, crawl but by all means keep moving.